Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Micronesia & Marshall Islands (Here Comes the Airplane!)

Like Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia & Estonia, Micronesia & Marshall Islands joined the UN on September 17th, 1991.

I think we all agree that this was our worst dinner to date.

I managed to scrap my ingredients together after 2+ visited to the grocery store.  The pumpkin and rice porridge went quickly.  The pie I made was crazy wet when I "finished" baking it, so I decided to leave it in for another few minutes.  I promptly forgot all about it and remembered a half an hour later.  It actually didn't look burnt, just extra toasty.

Packed up all my dishes and headed over.

When I arrived some there was a beautiful array of papaya, tangerine, and pomelo cut and on display.
Amber and I played with Bob as Jenny got the final dish ready.
Bob it a beachball, and it got a little out of hand, ending with me running for the bathroom because I was laughing too hard.

Dinner is served!
I found it quite enjoyable to see the nessie ladle swimming through a sea of pumpkin/rice mash.
And the miracle of smart phones really brought the scene to life.
This was the blandest meal I've ever had, and I've had some pretty bland meals.  The only dish that had any flavor was sweet bananas/sweet potatoes.  So all the seasonings came out, salt, pepper, sugar.  It turned into a seasoning party, adding a little of this, a little of that.  We eventually gave up and pulled out the flavor tripping pills.  It didn't help.  The the fruit tasted sweeter (except the papaya, which tasted worse), but it otherwise had little/no effect of the flavors of the food.  Probably because there were no flavors to enhance.  It wasn't bad, it was just like eating really bland textureless baby food.  Perfect for the day we all loose our teeth, because chewing was definitely not necessary.  We even started making little trains and airplanes out of our spoonfuls of food, but it didn't really help.
We wrapped up dinner and finished our Phase 10 game to let the pills wear off.  The pie was cooked perfectly (thank goodness) but even it was somewhat mild in flavor.  I had brought heavy cream and coconut cream to make coconut whipped cream for the pie, but completely forgot.  I think those creams are still sitting in Jenny's fridge.

When it came to divvying out the leftovers it turned into a,"you take it", "no you take it" kind of a situation.  So odd, since for 2 years we have eagerly dishing ourselves as much left overs as possible.  Jenny bravely accepted all the pumpkin rice stew and planned to attempt to turn it into a curry or a soup.

(Celebrated December 3rd, 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment