Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Sao Tome and Principe + Mozambique + Cape Verde + Guinea-Bissau (food so good I'll stay awake for it)

It's been a while since we had a dinner mash up.  February 29th only happens once every 4 years, so it makes sense we celebrate 4 countries right?  (I think we are getting a little desperate to get out of the African/Island nations.)

Sao Tome and Principe, Mozambique, and Cape Verde joined the UN on September 17th, 1975.  Guinea-Bissau joined September 16th, 1974.  I know, a year and 1 day before the other three but it's a LEAP day and so we're honoring that by doing a little bit of LEAPing ourselves.  Interestingly enough, all these countries were once Portuguese colonies so maybe not that much of a leap.

As I just LEAPed back form Brazil that very morning (not literally, I took a plane), I was willing to commit to mixing cornmeal with water and that's pretty much it.

Our hostess with the mostess was Jenny.  I headed over to keep her company while she was cooking something that smelt amazing.  I mixed cornmeal into hot water and created a terrible lumpy mess that I eventually gave up on fixing.  People showed up, there were conversations, eating of delicious food, 2 desserts... to be honest I was so jet lagged it was a bit of a blur.  I think my will to stay awake only lasted due to my extreme hunger, shortly after eating I was falling asleep at the table.  On my way out there were a few discussions in which I misinterpreted everything until Jenny basically told me to go home and get some sleep.  Fair.



Dinner: 43
Countries: 55, 56, 57, & 58
Celebrated: February 29th, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment