Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Vanuatu (Surprise UN Brunch Party!!!)

Vanuatu joined the UN September 16th, 1980.

Little did I know I would be celebrating it so soon.

We had some wine tasting in the calendar, and in order to get there on time I took a red eye in from Maryland, so when I was asked if I wanted to do a brunch that same weekend, my answer was no.  Gone the week before, no time to prep, nope, not gonna happen.

Did that stop my friends?  Nope.

Surprise UN Brunch Party Vanuatu!!!

Vanuatu is a Pacific Island Nation, so they eat a lot for fruits, fish, pig, and fowl, and is heavily influence by their surrounding countries.

Since I obviously did not have anything prepared, I help Amber cut some fruit with the help of YouTube since I have no idea how to prep Jackfruit.  Jackfruit, Lychee, Mango, Plums, Baby Bananas... Unfortunately, the Papaya didn't meet freshness standards so it had to go.

 

No too long for Jenny to get the banana pancakes done, so we got to dig in without (relatively) too much effort.



I think I'm addicted to Jackfruit now.

(Celebrated August 26th, 2018)

No comments:

Post a Comment