Pages

Friday, March 1, 2019

Saint Lucia & Dominica (These figs are bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S)

Saint Lucia joined the UN on September 18, 1979.  Dominica (NOT to be confused with the Dominican Republic) joined exactly 9 months earlier on December 18, 1978.

When we were first choosing recipes, Jenny claimed rice and beans, and one of my top choices was Green "Fig" Salad.  When Jenny realized that her recipe came from the Dominican Republic, I made the mistake of mentioning the fact that "fig" doesn't really mean fig, and instead they are green bananas, and how there was salad that you boiled them for.  She ended up taking that recipe.  As I continued looking I can across a recipe for a black bean soup with rice, so in the end, we sort of ended up cooking each others recipes.  How neat is that?

I got all my items done ahead of time, inducing an avocado daiquiri that ended up spending too much time in the freezer and became more like an avocado sorbet.  Left me a lot of time to watch Jenny boil some bananas with fascination.


Dinner was delicious, as usual.



Our dinner ended like most did, with card games and Drawful.

(Celebrated January 19th, 2019)

No comments:

Post a Comment