Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

South Sudan (Peanut Butter is Good in Anything!!!)

South Sudan became the 193rd member of the United Nations on July 14th, 2011.  Because of this I ate a lot of delicious food that contained a lot of peanut butter.

My first assignment in this venture was to produce some Kissra or Goraasa which is traditional Sudanese bread.  To me they seem more like tortillas with different kinds of flour.  I pre-made some Goraasa (since Kissra needs to be mixed the day before which I didn't realize until the day of) and headed to my friends house.  By the time I got there they were already cooking up a storm, which included several jars of peanut butter.

Throughout the entire process we were all feeling a little nervous.  The food combinations we were making (or I should say they were making as I was just watching the masters at work) seemed odd, and having never made these dishes before we had not idea if it was looking like it should.

But holy moley was it GOOD!  I ate until I couldn't eat any more and I still wanted seconds.. and thirds.  I would definitely make this meal again!

(Celebrated April, 25th, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment